If you will be hosting or attending a gathering during the holiday season, consider the following tips to do so as safely as possible:
- Check the COVID-19 infection rates in areas where attendees live.
- Limit the number of attendees.
- Host outdoor rather than indoor gatherings as much as possible.
- Clean and disinfect commonly touched surfaces and any shared items.
- Limit contact with commonly touched surfaces or shared items such as serving utensils.
- Ask guests to avoid contact with people outside of their households for 14 days before the gathering.
- Increase ventilation by opening windows and doors (weather permitting), or by placing central air and heating on continuous circulation.
- Require guests to wear masks and encourage frequent hand washing.