BETTERMED'S DRUG AND ALCOHOL TESTING
Drug and alcohol use among employees can be an expensive problem for business and industry, with issues including reduced productivity, absenteeism, injuries, fatalities, theft, and low morale. These issues often lead to higher health care expenses, legal liability and increased workers’ compensation costs.
Some facts about drugs and alcohol in the workplace, according to the National Council on Alcohol and Drug Dependence (NCADD).
- 70% of the estimated 14.8 million Americans who use drugs are employed
- Employees with alcohol problems were 2.7 times more likely than employees without alcohol problems to have injury-related absences
- Breathalyzer tests detected alcohol in 16% of ER patients injured at work
- One-fifth of workers and managers across a wide range of industries and company sizes report that a co-worker's on or off-the-job drinking jeopardized their own productivity and safety
In order to keep your workplace safe, we offer a multitude of urine drug tests and breath alcohol testing.
Our instant 6-panel UDS tests for the 6 most habitually abused substances, including marijuana (THC), cocaine (COC), opiates (codeine, morphine and heroin), methamphetamine, amphetamine and phencyclidine (PCP).
Our instant 10-panel UDS test for barbiturates, benzodiazepines, methadone and oxycodone, in addition to the six classes referenced above.
Other "panels" are available upon request. Some instant tests must be sent to an outside lab for further testing where confirmation may take several days.
The Department of Transportation (DOT) Testing
The DOT has established drug and alcohol testing requirements to ensure safe operation of aircrafts, trains and buses.
The DOT drug tests require lab testing for the following drug classes:
- Amphetamines and Methamphetamines
- Phencyclidine – PCP
To meet DOT requirements, BetterMed performs drug tests in the following situations:
- Reasonable suspicion
- Random testing
- Return to duty – required after drug and alcohol policy violation
- Post-accident – alcohol test must occur within 8 hours and drug test within 32 hours of an accident.
In addition to providing these tests, BetterMed goes a step further in offering to manage an employee database for urine drug screens and breath alcohol tests, at no extra charge.