Welcome to BetterMed TeleCare
A simple, secure telemedicine option for our patients.
We are proud to now offer a convenient and secure telemedicine option for our patients. If you are in need of screening for COVID-19 or any other illness or injury, our expertly-trained providers are here to take care of you from the comfort of your home, office or wherever you have a connection.
Available to Virginia residents only.
Appointments are available 7 days a week from 8:00am - 8:00pm
- Tereza B.
Tips for Video Call:
- Although not mandatory, if possible, before the call take your temperature, heart rate and blood pressure
- Make sure you have a good internet connection for your video visit
- Restart your device before the call
- Prefer to schedule your appointment over the phone? Please call: 804-362-8343
- Need help? Send a an email to [email protected]
TeleCare or telemedicine is high quality, remote care offered to our patients through live video conferencing from their phone or computer.
7 days a week from 8am-8pm.
For those using commercial insurance the expected out of pocket cost is your copay. If you want to use the self-pay option (Sure Pay) the cost is $70. We accept most insurances except Medicaid and Medicaid products.
Yes, we do provide screening for COVID-19 symptoms.
If your provider recommends that you be seen at one of our physical locations to receive appropriate care, your copay will be waived (when using insurance) and you will not be billed for the TeleCare visit. If you used the self pay option we will apply the $70 towards your final bill.
You do not have to download anything to use TeleCare on your computer. If you want, there is an Chiron Health app available for iPhone and Android users if you prefer to use your phone or tablet.
One of our highly trained, compassionate health care providers will conduct your exam.
Yes, our platform, Chiron Health is HIPAA approved.
If you need help, please send us an email at [email protected]
Medicare does cover TeleCare, but unfortunately it is not covered by Medicaid at this time.
Prescriptions can be filled following a TeleCare visit and will be sent to the pharmacy of your choice.
- Sick patients who don’t need or want to come into the office but would benefit from a face-to-face visit and advice from a provider
- COVID-19 evaluation
- Follow-up for hypertension
- Dermatology or skin issues
- Bites & stings
- Cuts & scrapes
- Nausea & vomiting
- Pink eye
- Rash & skin infections
- Sinus infections
- Sore throat
- Sprains & strains
TeleCare is not for people suffering from serious or life threatening conditions like:
- Chest pain
- Neurological symptoms, suggesting a stroke
- Difficulty breathing
- Dizziness or loss of consciousness
- Choking or gagging
- Severe Hemorrhoids
- Head injury
- Patients who want to hurt themselves (suicidal)
- Patients who want to hurt others (homicidal)
- Schizophrenia or hallucinations
If you have any of the above symptoms or any other serious medical concerns please call 911 or proceed to the nearest emergency department.