Welcome to BetterMed TeleCare
A simple, secure telemedicine option for our patients.
We are proud to now offer a convenient and secure telemedicine option for our patients. If you are in need of an evaluation for COVID-19 or any other illness or injury, our expertly-trained providers are here to take care of you from the comfort of your home, office or wherever you have a connection. Available to Virginia and North Carolina residents only.
Appointments are available 7 days a week from 8:00am - 8:00pm
How It Works
Simply click the Book TeleCare Now button and select an available appointment time that works for you.
You will receive an email confirming your appointment along with tips on how to prepare for your video chat.
A member from our team will call you to collect your information and confirm your appointment.
You will receive an invitation from our provider via text or email to let you know that they are ready for your visit.
- Tereza B.
Tips for Video Call:
- Although not mandatory, if possible, before the call take your temperature, heart rate and blood pressure
- Make sure you have a good internet connection for your video visit
- Restart your device before the call
- Test to make sure your camera and mic are working from the waiting room by clicking the 'Test Your Call' button
- Click here to learn how to allow camera and mic on Apple
- Click here to learn how to allow camera and mic on Android
- Need help? Send a message to https://doxy.me/contact
TeleCare or telemedicine is high quality, remote care offered to our patients through live video conferencing from their phone or computer.
7 days a week from 8am-8pm.
We accept most insurances except Medicaid and Medicaid products. If you want to use the self pay option the cost is $70.
Yes, we do provide evaluation for COVID-19 symptoms.
If your provider recommends that you be seen at one of our physical locations to receive appropriate care, your copay will be waived (when using insurance) and you will not be billed for the TeleCare visit. If you used the self pay option we will apply the $70 towards your final bill.
No. There is no download required.
Click here for step by step instructions.
The link is located in the appointment confirmation email or calendar invite. If you’re having trouble finding it, click here for more information.
A staff member will call you to confirm your appointment and one of our highly-trained, compassionate health care providers will conduct your exam.
Once your appointment is made online, please have your insurance card ready. A team member will call you to complete your registration. If you don’t have insurance, you can self-pay for an appointment for $70.
Yes, our platform, doxy.me is HIPAA approved.
Medicare does cover TeleCare, but unfortunately it is not covered by Medicaid at this time.
Prescriptions can be filled following a TeleCare visit and will be sent to the pharmacy of your choice.
- Sick patients who don’t need or want to come into the office but would benefit from a face-to-face visit and advice from a provider
- COVID-19 evaluation
- Follow-up for hypertension
- Dermatology or skin issues
- Bites & stings
- Cuts & scrapes
- Nausea & vomiting
- Pink eye
- Rash & skin infections
- Sinus infections
- Sore throat
- Sprains & strains
TeleCare is not for people suffering from serious or life threatening conditions like:
- Chest pain
- Neurological symptoms, suggesting a stroke
- Difficulty breathing
- Dizziness or loss of consciousness
- Choking or gagging
- Severe Hemorrhoids
- Head injury
- Patients who want to hurt themselves (suicidal)
- Patients who want to hurt others (homicidal)
- Schizophrenia or hallucinations
If you have any of the above symptoms or any other serious medical concerns please call 911 or proceed to the nearest emergency department.