Here are some COVID-19 safety precautions to consider before hitting the road.
- Know the risk of exposure in the area you’re traveling to. Check the state’s number of cases over the past 7 days
- Does where you’re traveling to have restrictions or requirements for travelers?
- Are you at high risk or live with someone who is at high risk for infection?
- Consider the exposure risk for the type of transportation you’re taking.
If you decide to travel, follow these safety measures during your trip to protect yourself and others from COVID-19:
- Wear a mask in public settings.
- Avoid close contact by staying at least 6 feet apart from anyone who is not from your household.
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol).
- Avoid contact with anyone who is sick.
- Avoid touching your face mask, eyes, nose, and mouth.